An exciting opportunity to join MDPI, a pioneer in scholarly open access publishing in the role of HR Assistant.
We are looking for a pro-active and dynamic HR Assistant to join our team. The new role is a permanent and full-time position based in our Barcelona Office.
This is a generalist position whereby the successful candidate will be responsible for a range of HR duties for MDPI's Barcelona in-office employees. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR professional seeking a role within an innovative and pioneering organisation.
- Provide professional advice and support to business managers on various activities (e.g. recruitment, performance management, conflict management…)
- Provide a HR advisory service for a range of employee relations matters.
- Act as key contact person for all related HR topics including company policies and regulations.
- Lead recruitment for the Barcelona office and support international recruitment (including, job advert publication; screening of applicants; interviewing etc.).
- Organize onboarding and training for new hires.
- Ensure HR administrative activities (employment contract, offboarding, reporting, recording employee data, benefits, and pension administration etc.)
- Provide data to the accountant for the payroll process (such as tracking working hours, absences, overtime, allowances, bonuses, pension payments, etc.)
- Policy design and review and HR process improvement.
- Participate in the development and implementation of global HR projects.
- Coordinate the organisation of staff events and activities with the office manager.
Bachelor’s degree (Human Resources, or similar is preferred)
- 2 years+ experience in a similar role
- Relevant experience in recruitment
- Excellent understanding of Spanish Labor Law
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, both Spanish and English
- Team player with the capability to work independently in a dynamic and international environment
- Good knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Dynamic and reliable team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a pro-active mindset
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 400 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 66,000 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Switzerland with additional offices in Europe, Asia and North America. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: