We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager with a commercial background in the academic research and open science space to help us further develop the relationship with our clients and partners.
This is a remote job, open to candidates based in Romania, Serbia, Poland, United Kingdom or Spain.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be leading the efforts to manage the business relationship with current customers as well as develop new business opportunities with academic and corporate research institutions in Central & Eastern Europe. You will be part of a cross-functional team (Marketing, Publishers, Scientific Officers, Product Management) initiate, lead, and coordinate specific business development activities aimed to support our strategic growth.
- Manage the business relationship with current customers as well as develop new business opportunities with academic and corporate research institutions within the sales area of Central & Eastern Europe
- Establish and develop relationships with key decision makers in targeted organisations in scientific research functions, scientific instruction support, research, administration, senior management and IT
- Analyse the overall scientific research output, identify trends, customers’ needs and create account plans designed to develop the publishing relationship with MDPI
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to ensure existing and potential customer client base needs are met, effectively monitored and account managed
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations
- Coordinate with clients and internal teams to prepare, support or deliver relevant educational trainings or presentations that support the Open Access and Open Science movement
- Degree educated plus at least five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and commercial experience in publishing, open access or software to the academic & research markets
- English (native or proficient) is a must; any other language (preferably spoken in the region managed) is a plus
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of products, services, contracts as well as the Open Access publishing and research evaluation needs at a country or institutional level (consortia or individual organisations)
- Able to operate in a collaborative environment and engage high-level decision makers, as well as individual researchers or faculty staff.
- Strong record of establishing relationships with new accounts and hitting performance objectives
- Ability to develop strong selling and negotiation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously, function well in a fast-paced environment and coordinate effectively with other team members.
- Self-starter mentality, flexibility and availability to travel
If you are interested in this responsible position, we are looking to receiving your complete online application (CV, cover letter, work certificates).